none
Can't find my metadata in crawled property in search application's metadata property page.

Вопрос

• I have some columns under a document set. Some columns are of the Term Store type, and they are available as crawled properties in search application's metadata property page. However, some other columns are of the type: multiple lines of text, and I can't find them in the crawled properties in the metadata property page.

I have performed full crawl, but they are still not available.

Do I need to perform additional steps to make sure a column is available as crawled property? or is there a way to trace my column to a metadata in the search application's metadata property page? (since there are so many fields in metadata, and the naming is also confusing)

thanks.

18 апреля 2012 г. 4:03

Все ответы

• Hi Learn.Sharepoint.com,

thank you for your reply, I would think multiple lines of text can be crawled and searchable. if not, I would think it would be a product flaw.

1 of the column is of the type single line text, and I can't find that column in crawled proprties either.

So I suppose given a column, there is no way to trace what metadata it is in crawled properties page?

thanks.

18 апреля 2012 г. 5:09
  • OK what are the odds that the fields actually are getting into crawled properties but you just cant find them? You've used the search box and they definitely dont appear? I have your scenario working in my environment perfectly.

Please mark my response as an answer if appropriate.
    Learn.SharePoint.com

18 апреля 2012 г. 6:11
  • The web application, site collection are all standard. document set is little bit more work but it should still be standard. The document set I created contains a couple of columns that are of type Term Store type. I also created a few normal columns that are of either multiple lines of text or single line of text columns.

once you created this, create a few documet set with a few dummy data, and try a full crawl. then I guess you can tell me if see all your columns created in the crawl properties page.

18 апреля 2012 г. 6:57
  • My preliminary findings support yours. I have a document library with document sets and and two fields, TestField1 and TestField2. the document set has metadata for TestField1 and it appears as a crawled property. A document inside the document set has a value for TestField2. TestField2 never appears inside the crawled properties. I'm going to keep digging on this.

Let me ask you, if you put metadata values at the document set level, do they show up as crawled properties? Can this be a temporary fix for now?

Learn.SharePoint.com

18 апреля 2012 г. 15:41
  • The problem I had before was temporary. After subsequent crawls all crawled properties appear, regardless of whether its in the document set or in a child document. Are you still having this problem after subsequent full crawls?

Learn.SharePoint.com

18 апреля 2012 г. 16:12
  • Thank you for going into the extraordinary length to try to replicate the problem.

I perform another full crawl, and I browse through all crawled properties but I still can't find my properties.

can you tell me which category was the crawled property filed under and how were they named? I will try go look under the same place to see if they are there.

thanks.

19 апреля 2012 г. 5:39