2 mai 2012 18:02
I noticed the following problem when running the desktop duplication sample. I also saw the same issue when implementing the desktop
duplication API in my own application. I'd like to know if this is a known issue and how to resolve it. Thanks, Paul Problem: The desktop updates become infrequent when the mouse is moved. Setup: Win8 Consumer Preview, Desktop Duplication sample, Lenovo T410.
1. Run DesktopDuplicat
2. Run a video or other activity which updates the desktop continuously.
3. Observe that the DesktopDuplicat
ion app window is correctly updated with the desktop contents. The updates are frequent and the video looks
smooth in the DesktopDuplicat
ion app window.
4. Move the mouse continuously. Observe that the desktop contents are updated infrequently (every 3-5 seconds) in the DesktopDuplicat
window. The video appears to stop, although the mouse pointer is correctly drawn in the DesktopDuplicat
ion app window.
7 mai 2012 21:17Any feedback? I've reproduce this issue on multiple machines.
18 mai 2012 18:41
Does the DesktopDuplication app window return to the normal refresh rate when you stop moving the mouse? (does it "catch up?")
18 mai 2012 19:00
Thanks for responding.
Yes. It returns to normal functionality.
22 mai 2012 18:26I also reproduced this bug on Win8 Consumer Preview Update 2 (build 8350).
22 mai 2012 20:06
Thanks Paul for reporting this. I can reproduce the behavior you mentioned to a lesser degree (latency ~1s with 3-5 fps). I'll followup on this, and will let you know if I find a solution.
22 mai 2012 20:33
Great. Thanks for the update, Dan.
I'm not sure if it helps, but I also filed a Win8 bug for this issue. The bug number is Win8-873863 (The desktop updates via Desktop Duplication API become infrequent when the mouse is moved.).
22 mai 2012 20:56
I'm glad that was you. :-) (the wording sure was familiar...)
23 mai 2012 19:30
Just to close the loop on this, Microsoft is working to find a resolution to the problem reported by PaulS_.
Thanks for posting!
29 iunie 2012 10:36
I am experiencing similar problems. The Desktop Duplication API call AcquireNextFrame() can take anything from 30ms to 3s to complete. That makes the interface pretty much unusable.
My config is:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 8 Release Preview
Version: 6.2.8400 Build 8400
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz, 2794 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
ATI Radeon HD 5450 (Engineering Sample - WDDM v1.20)