30 aprilie 2012 23:27
The VHDX specification has just been released (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29681), and I've found an inconsistency with VHDX files seen in the wild. Where should I post feedback on the accuracy of this spec?
FWIW, the issue I've seen is that in section 18.104.22.168 the spec defines the values for the payload BAT entry states, defining:
- PAYLOAD_BLOCK_NOT_PRESENT 0
- PAYLOAD_BLOCK_UNDEFINED 1
- PAYLOAD_BLOCK_ZERO 2
- PAYLOAD_BLOCK_UNMAPPED 5
- PAYLOAD_BLOCK_FULLY_PRESENT 6
- PAYLOAD_BLOCK_PARTIALLY_PRESENT 7
However, I have a VHDX created by Win8 that has the value 3 for the entry state, which is not defined in the spec.
1 mai 2012 13:02Moderator
Thank you for your question. A colleague will contact you soon to investigate this issue.
Mark Miller | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team
14 mai 2012 21:59Moderator
After review and confirmation with the team that owns the VHDX specification:
• #define PAYLOAD_BLOCK_UNMAPPED 5
• #define PAYLOAD_BLOCK_UNMAPPED 3
I will follow-up on "where should feedbacks be posted on this VHDX specification?"
- Marcat ca răspuns de Edgar A OlougounaMicrosoft Employee, Moderator 14 mai 2012 21:59
16 mai 2012 14:31Moderator
A note has been passed on to the product team and they will review what channel would be appropriate for feedbacks on this VHDX specification.