Install Async CTP without Visual Studio 2010

Întrebare

• Hi,

I need to install Async CTP (V3) on my build server without installing Visual Studio 2010 on it.

Today the build server has only Windows 7 .NET 4 SDK which is enough to run the build and deployment for C# application.

When I try to install the AsyncCTP on the build server it complain it is not compatible because I don't have VS2010.

Thank you,

Ido.

22 februarie 2012 14:39

Răspunsuri

• Here is an unsupported way to do it:

1) Install the CTP on a different machine
    2) From that machine copy the CTP compilers (csc.exe, vbc.exe) and applicable UI dlls (cscui.dll, vbc7ui.dll) on top of the existing .Net installation (X86 and X64) on your build machine

To verify that you have the right bits you can look at the compilers version see more in Lucian's blog 

Avner

Avner Aharoni

• Marcat ca răspuns de Ido Ran 1 martie 2012 11:51
    29 februarie 2012 20:03

Toate mesajele

• Hi,

This issue blocking me. If someone has an idea of to install Async CTP without VS2010 it will be great.

Confirmation that it is not possible will be good too so I'll know to stop looking.

Thank you,

Ido.

27 februarie 2012 13:52
  • i dont think its possible, but you could check this page's forum, im sure that have some topics about that.

27 februarie 2012 13:58
  • Here is an unsupported way to do it:

1) Install the CTP on a different machine
    2) From that machine copy the CTP compilers (csc.exe, vbc.exe) and applicable UI dlls (cscui.dll, vbc7ui.dll) on top of the existing .Net installation (X86 and X64) on your build machine

To verify that you have the right bits you can look at the compilers version see more in Lucian's blog 

Avner

Avner Aharoni

• Marcat ca răspuns de Ido Ran 1 martie 2012 11:51
    29 februarie 2012 20:03
  • Thank you very much.

I've only copy csc.exe because I only need C# compiler.

Thank you,

Ido.

1 martie 2012 11:53