6 septembrie 2011 19:54
I am trying use MS Visual C# 2010 Express to learn C#. But I ALWAYS recieve an AccessViolationExcpetion. Even if I simply start a new project, with no code of my own, when I click the debug button, I receive the following error. Any help would be appreciated.
System.AccessViolationException was unhandled
Message=Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Source=Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.VSHostInterop.SetForegroundWindow(IntPtr hWnd)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
6 septembrie 2011 21:10
This is really wired. Could you please have a try:
1. Run Visual Studio as Administrator.
2. Execute devenv /setup under Visual Studio Command Prompt.
3. Check your hardware and ensure that drivers are installed correctly (Display drivers especially).
Wish this helps.
7 septembrie 2011 01:18Moderator
Sounds like a bad installation to me. Try running a repair on VS.
Michael Taylor - 9/6/2011
8 septembrie 2011 09:39Moderator
It's really strange that the IDE reports an AccessViolationExeption with no code in the project, please have a try as below
1. Restart your MS Visual C# 2010 and build a new project, debug it without code in it;
2. If the suggestion above doesn’t work, you can try to repair your IDE, put your Visual C# 2010 disk into your CD-ROM and double click the setup to run it, you can see the setup welcome screen, then click Change or Remove Microsoft Visual C# 2010, you will find you have run the Maintenance Mode, after the setup program loading the components in few minutes, click the next, and then click the Repair/Reinstall link to repair your Visual C# 2010
I wish the suggestion above could help you.
Allen Li [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.