none
A Encryption. XLS is there an Encryption stream?

Întrebare

• I have a about. XLS file problem. Is it a encrypted files will have a Encryption Stream? When I use to view it DOCFILE structure, no this structure.
    21 ianuarie 2012 01:13

Răspunsuri

• Hi Bill cowboy,

I apologize, for Excel binary files, that stream will not always be present.  If you look at [MS-XLS] 2.2.10   Encryption (Password to Open), it will show you when and for what purposes the Encryption stream is used.  In your case, it's likely that none of the conditions exist to necessitate creation of this stream and therefore you don't see it in the .xls file.  The FilePass record detailed in [MS-XLS] 2.4.117 will tell you if the file is encrypted and what method was used.  This record MUST be present if the file is encrypted. 

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

22 ianuarie 2012 07:17

Toate mesajele

• Hi Bill

Thank you for the question. Someone from our team will contact and assist you.

Thanks.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team
    21 ianuarie 2012 20:38
  • Hi Bill cowboy,

I apologize, for Excel binary files, that stream will not always be present.  If you look at [MS-XLS] 2.2.10   Encryption (Password to Open), it will show you when and for what purposes the Encryption stream is used.  In your case, it's likely that none of the conditions exist to necessitate creation of this stream and therefore you don't see it in the .xls file.  The FilePass record detailed in [MS-XLS] 2.4.117 will tell you if the file is encrypted and what method was used.  This record MUST be present if the file is encrypted. 

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

22 ianuarie 2012 07:17