none
How do I install a PPC program on my XP WS to run using the Mobile device emulator

Întrebare

• Greetings,

I have installed the Emulator, and tested the device emulator manager, but since I never used a PPC or PDA I have no idea if it is actually running. I know the PPC is working because I can move around on the emulated PDA/PPC.
    I just have no clue how I can use this to run a test version of a program that can only run on PPC. How do you load a program to run on the emulator? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dr. Flye

8 iunie 2005 18:48

Răspunsuri

• If your application is a .cab file, you can use the "Shared folder" option of the emulator in the configuration dialog.  Point the directory of your desktop computer where the cab file resides.  Then, in the emulator's file explorer, browse to "\storage card\" and you should be able to click the .cab file to install it.

You can also do this via ActiveSync's explore feature.  Using the Device Emulator Manager, cradle the emulator.  Make sure that "DMA" is selected in ActiveSync's Connection Settings.  This will create an ActiveSync connection with the emulator.  You will then be able to copy files to the emulator using the regular explorer window.

If it is an application that installs through ActiveSync, simply cradle the emulator and the software should install itself onto the emulator.
    8 iunie 2005 19:26