none
SQL Database Project ?

Întrebare

• I have been trying to start a VS 2010 SQL 2008 Database Project and I keep getting the same error. Why?

This is my first attempt on this machine but not overall. The only thing different I have done on this instance is to install the MVC 3 stuff and started playing around with that against an existing 2008 database I created. I now wonder if that has something to do with it. The SQL Server is on the same machine and I can create a connection to it.

InternalError: SqlCeManager could not be initialized.

States the database5.dbmdl could not be created. If that file exists,.....blah blah

Install the correct version of SQL Server Compact. Refer to KB article 974247 for more details.

JC
    20 ianuarie 2012 21:50

Toate mesajele

• You can try to install the SQL CE again. It may cuased by something wrong during installation and some components are miss.

24 ianuarie 2012 03:19
  • Hi MrRocketMonkey,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

I'm not sure what the root cause is. The error message is only 'SqlCeManager could not be initialized'? Is there anything message after that? Such as 'Not enough storage is available to complete this operation'. By the way, SQLCE can not work against remote storage or mapped drives. It has to use a local drive for its sdf files and cache.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    24 ianuarie 2012 03:44
  • add refrence..

System.Data.SqlServerCe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5\Desktop\System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll

which usually solves the problem ..If you got the persistant problem

install the SQL-CE for Visual Studios

$Kracker

9 martie 2012 12:26