none
MSDN Documentation Error -> Windows Vista Service Pack 1

Întrebare

•  

The documentation on the download web page says that this version:

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (x64) - EXE (English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish)
    de_en_es_fr_ja_windows_vista_service_pack_1_x64_72328.exe Self-Extracting Executable

Will update, all Vista x64 Versions including:

Windows Vista™ Ultimate

When it will not *IF* any additional language packs have been applied to the Vista product. The error that's displayed when running the exe is:

"Windows Service Pack 1 cannot be installed on your computer because the language of Windows Vist you have installed is not supported or you have installed a language pack that is not supported. ..."

While I am running the English language version of Vista, I do have multiple additional language packs installed.

The documentation for the download doesn't mention this restriction. It needs to. Because as far as I'm concerned this service pack does not actually support the Ultimate version of Vista.

8 martie 2008 02:16

Răspunsuri

• Yup, I had the same problem.  Luckily, I my case, the only language packs that managed to get installed previously were Latvian, Slovenian and Czech.  Having to uninstall them wasn't a great personal loss, other than the 2 odd hours it took.  It was worth it, the weirdo "nothing happens for 5 seconds" delays have (almost) disappeared.  I didn't bother putting those language packs back in, nor did Windows Update.

Unreasonable?  Meh, it matched my expectation level.  Let's focus on the topic of this forum: do you have a Windows SDK question?
    14 aprilie 2008 02:19

Toate mesajele

• I am getting the same error.  Microsoft has to up Quality controll.  Instead of creating new products fix the old ones.  For example Silverlight.  Don't compete with Adobe Flash.
    24 martie 2008 12:31
  • Yup, I had the same problem.  Luckily, I my case, the only language packs that managed to get installed previously were Latvian, Slovenian and Czech.  Having to uninstall them wasn't a great personal loss, other than the 2 odd hours it took.  It was worth it, the weirdo "nothing happens for 5 seconds" delays have (almost) disappeared.  I didn't bother putting those language packs back in, nor did Windows Update.

Unreasonable?  Meh, it matched my expectation level.  Let's focus on the topic of this forum: do you have a Windows SDK question?
    14 aprilie 2008 02:19