Any questions or discussions relating to the SQL Server Database Engine, performance, features, Full-text Search, linked servers, etc.
SQL Server 2008 SP1 released
Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for customers. The Service pack is available via download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and is primarily a roll-up of previous cumulative updates, quick fix engineering updates and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community. While there are no new features in this service pack, customers running SQL Server 2008 should download and install SP1 to take advantage of the fixes which increase supportability and stability of SQL Server 2008.
Customers have no reason to wait to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 and many are already taking advantage of SQL Server 2008 as a smart IT investment. In fact, there have been over 3 million downloads of SQL Server 2008 since the RTM in August. With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing 80% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable decrease is a testament to a revised product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment while keeping customer environments stable.
With this service pack, Microsoft has made investments to ease deployment and make management of service packs more efficient. Key improvements in SP1 include Slipstream, Service Pack Uninstall and Report Builder 2.0 click-once deployment.
· Slipstream allows administrators to install SQL Server 2008 and Service Pack 1 in a single instance. This decreases the total time for an installation, including a fewer number of reboots thereby increasing productivity and deployment availability.
· Service Pack Uninstall allows administrators to uninstall the service pack separately from the database release. This feature also improves DBA productivity, reduces the cost of deployment and improves overall supportability
· Report Builder 2.0 Click Once improves the existing SQL Server end-user report authoring application by easing deployment to business users
To download the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, please click here.
For more information on SQL Server 2008, please click here.
Filtragem e ClassificaçãoUse essas opções para refinar a lista de discussão.
- 448anaylor01 há 7 horas 12 minutos
- 383SPFriend sexta-feira, 24 de maio de 2013 02:22
- 895SPFriend quinta-feira, 23 de maio de 2013 23:08
- 51243nicofer sábado, 4 de agosto de 2012 03:51
- 157dragonMoon há 13 horas 11 minutos
- 245Ray1127 há 10 horas 24 minutos
- 356LearnerSql há 12 horas 3 minutos
- 050Shan Khan há 11 horas 39 minutos
- 147swt1974 há 14 horas 47 minutos
- 32537xs2varun terça-feira, 4 de outubro de 2011 02:18
- 8104jdyoumans quinta-feira, 23 de maio de 2013 16:17
- 365SLNSH há 18 horas 31 minutos
- 254BKR1 há 14 horas 54 minutos
- 251287AleshaDBA quarta-feira, 22 de agosto de 2012 08:41
- 878pscorca há 21 horas 48 minutos
- 355sakurai_db sexta-feira, 24 de maio de 2013 03:51
- 260shiftbit há 17 horas 40 minutos
- 466Walt Reed há 19 horas 11 minutos
- 263kalimidi há 23 horas 48 minutos
- 788SLNSH há 21 horas 33 minutos