Any questions or discussions relating to the SQL Server Database Engine, performance, features, Full-text Search, linked servers, etc.
SQL Server 2008 SP1 released
Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for customers. The Service pack is available via download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and is primarily a roll-up of previous cumulative updates, quick fix engineering updates and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community. While there are no new features in this service pack, customers running SQL Server 2008 should download and install SP1 to take advantage of the fixes which increase supportability and stability of SQL Server 2008.
Customers have no reason to wait to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 and many are already taking advantage of SQL Server 2008 as a smart IT investment. In fact, there have been over 3 million downloads of SQL Server 2008 since the RTM in August. With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing 80% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable decrease is a testament to a revised product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment while keeping customer environments stable.
With this service pack, Microsoft has made investments to ease deployment and make management of service packs more efficient. Key improvements in SP1 include Slipstream, Service Pack Uninstall and Report Builder 2.0 click-once deployment.
· Slipstream allows administrators to install SQL Server 2008 and Service Pack 1 in a single instance. This decreases the total time for an installation, including a fewer number of reboots thereby increasing productivity and deployment availability.
· Service Pack Uninstall allows administrators to uninstall the service pack separately from the database release. This feature also improves DBA productivity, reduces the cost of deployment and improves overall supportability
· Report Builder 2.0 Click Once improves the existing SQL Server end-user report authoring application by easing deployment to business users
To download the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, please click here.
For more information on SQL Server 2008, please click here.
Filtragem e ClassificaçãoUse essas opções para refinar a lista de discussão.
- 312gusosa há 1 hora 28 minutos
- 08SPFriend há 33 minutos
- 568RoyalM há 11 horas 49 minutos
- 9141Andrew Stewart NZ quinta-feira, 16 de maio de 2013 08:41
- 464SQL Insane há 5 horas 49 minutos
- 261LouatMonaco quarta-feira, 22 de maio de 2013 20:52
- 741jdyoumans há 6 horas 11 minutos
- 773pscorca há 15 horas 3 minutos
- 14132Tom Molskow terça-feira, 21 de maio de 2013 21:51
- 137SLNSH há 6 horas 55 minutos
- 1844144Ashwin Gawande sexta-feira, 24 de abril de 2009 10:34
- 333SLNSH há 7 horas 9 minutos
- 137SLNSH há 7 horas 30 minutos
Error: 17066, Severity: 16, State: 1. (Params:). The error is printed in terse mode because there was error during formatting. Tracing, ETW, notifications etc are skipped.mito access há 16 horas 19 minutos
- 25265canadags terça-feira, 21 de maio de 2013 18:35
- 975shiftbit há 10 horas 35 minutos
- 571RAF_SQL_DBA há 15 horas 12 minutos
- 971unini há 13 horas 15 minutos
- 888SLNSH quarta-feira, 22 de maio de 2013 06:22
- 779SLNSH há 16 horas 44 minutos