quinta-feira, 23 de outubro de 2008 18:42
1. How can I connect to the schema/db through Visio?
2. I want to make sure by doing this I don't change anything on the schema/db. From what I read that reverse enginerring might make changes to some of the tables.
Just want a simple diagram showing all the tables and how they link.
Thank You all for any help
Todas as Respostas
sábado, 25 de outubro de 2008 15:12
I haven't done this for oracle but, I have done this for SQL Server. I think the procedure is same for Oracle too. What you need to do, make a ODBC connection to Oracle.
- Start a new diagram from File->New->Software and Database
- This will give you a blank page and Database menu will show up
- Click on Database menu and select Reverse Engineering..
- In the dialog box you will see options for creating ODBC connection to the Oracle Database
- Once connected to the database select the tables you want in your diagram.
Hope this helps..
- Sugerido como Resposta rema43001 terça-feira, 31 de julho de 2012 04:45
terça-feira, 28 de outubro de 2008 12:54
Will the reverse engineering have any effect on my database(Tables, Procedures, etc..)?
When I went to File -> New I didn't have "Software and Database". They were two different selections. I opened a blank drawing and went to database but i don't want to do the reverse engineering till I know I won't change anything on the database.
Thank you for your help
terça-feira, 31 de julho de 2012 04:45Nothing will change in your database.
Computer systems engineering, information technologies and computer sciences.
segunda-feira, 22 de outubro de 2012 06:35
Hi to All Respected Gurus!
I am trying to do the same for creation of ERD in Microsoft Viso with connectivity of Oracle Database but I am receiving tables with unknown language. Picture is attached, please help in this.
Thanks & Regards
Muhammad Uzair Awan
Muhammad Uzair ORACLE Application Developer