none
Hosted Service support static IP or IP range.

Pergunta

• I will develop azure service that azure service connect to outside azure server. For connecting to outside azure server, Azure Hosted Service need a static IP because outside azure sever block a strange IP.

1. Can hosted service  in azure get the static IP?

2.  If hosted service in azure can't get the static IP, Can I know that azure hosted service are enable to get the IP range?

example : 204.11.52.1  - 204.11.52.255 

quinta-feira, 22 de dezembro de 2011 22:00

Respostas

Todas as Respostas

• While you can't select your IP address or range, the IP address assigned to your deployment won't change unless you delete and re-deploy. In October, improved in-place upgrade rules were announced. With this update, you can now modify your deployment configuration in several ways without requiring a re-deployment, including (but not limited to) changing VM sizes, adding/deleting roles, and adding/deleting endpoints.

quinta-feira, 22 de dezembro de 2011 22:17
  • Thanks for your answer.

Your answer mean that Azure Instance couldn't acquire the static IP or IP range of selection. So your suggestion is that if using the  VIP swap or other solution,  in spite of updating configuration and VM size, Azure Instance don’t change the public IP.

Some situation have to restart Azure Instance because of some reason. I think that Azure Instance must be haven the new public IP after restarting Azure Instance.

Our Azure service will connect from Azure environment to the outside service of Azure environment. So the outside service of Azure environment will restrict a strange IP what not registered in their service.

I have some questions.

1.       In spite of having wide IP range, can I know the IP range what Azure Instance will be able to have?

2.       Can Azure Instance keep the public IP after restarting? If you know a solution, please let me know.

Thank you.

Hongbum

sexta-feira, 6 de janeiro de 2012 01:39
  • Hi Hongbum,

I have a same requirement as yours.

Our Azure service will connect from Azure environment to the outside service of Azure environment. So the outside service of Azure environment will restrict a strange IP what not registered in their service.

Do u have a solution or workaround for this? if yes, please share the details.

Cheers, KKR

segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 23:14