Discuss and provide feedback on Debugger Canvas, a new user experience for the debugger in Visual Studio Ultimate. It pulls together the code you’re exploring onto a single pan-and-zoom display. As you hit breakpoints or step into code, Debugger Canvas shows just the methods that you’re debugging, with call lines and local variables, to help you see the bigger picture.
Debugger Canvas 1.1 is Released!Kael RowanMicrosoft Employeeterça-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2012 18:40
Hi everyone, we are pleased to announce the release of Debugger Canvas version 1.1. This version includes a number of bug fixes, new features, and improves performance. Some of the new features are:
- Easily turn Debugger Canvas on or off, even in the middle of a debug session.
- Quickly navigate up and down the call stack in the canvas using the keyboard or the mouse.
- See Multiple threads together on the canvas, each thread identified by its color.
- See recursive calls side by side.
- The option to edit code directly in the code bubbles is enabled by default.
This last "feature" is actually nothing new. You could always edit code directly in bubbles by checking the checkbox in Tools -> Options, but some users didn't know that option existed so we frequently heard the feedback that you wished you could edit code directly in the bubbles. This time we just simply enable that feature by default if you're installing Debugger Canvas for the first time.
To install this updated version of Debugger Canvas you must uninstall the previous version of Debugger Canvas first. (Or install QFE 2581019 from http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=38654 before installing the update.) This is because Visual Studio 2010 SP1 has a bug which prevents signed VSIXes from being updated. I will also post a sticky thread in the forum since I'm sure many of you will attempt to install version 1.1 on top of 1.0 without reading the instructions first. I would do the same thing! :)
You can read more about the new version and read the updated guide from the usual home page here:
Or you can skip straight to the download and get the VSIX directly from here:
Thanks to everyone for their continued support and we sincerely hope you enjoy Debugger Canvas version 1.1!
Debugger Canvas Available for Download!Kael RowanMicrosoft Employeesegunda-feira, 13 de junho de 2011 20:09
I’m pleased to announce that Debugger Canvas is available for download! You can access the link from the Debugger Canvas DevLabs page at:
or download it directly from
If you don't have Visual Studio Ultimate then you can download the trial from
or download a Virtual Machine with Visual Studio Ultimate pre-installed from
Please give us your feedback and ask lots of questions on this forum by clicking the "Ask a Question" link above. Thanks!
Welcome to the Debugger Canvas forum!Jens Jacobsen [MSFT] segunda-feira, 13 de junho de 2011 21:01
Hi and Welcome to the Debugger Canvas forum!
Please use the forum to share questions, comments, ideas and bugs as you use Debugger Canvas. We're eager to hear about your experiences, so that we can improve the tool and understand how this user experience works in real life situations.
So please click the Ask a question link above, and let us hear from you!
The Debugger Canvas team
Jens, Kael, Rob, Andrew
Filtragem e ClassificaçãoUse essas opções para refinar a lista de discussão.
- 649670Kael RowanMicrosoft Employeesegunda-feira, 13 de junho de 2011 19:52
- 03045Kael RowanMicrosoft Employeeterça-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2012 18:47
- 388pNestingen sexta-feira, 3 de maio de 2013 17:27
- 0175engloon quarta-feira, 27 de março de 2013 08:37
- 85684rht341 quarta-feira, 15 de junho de 2011 13:43
- 12036Jørgen Thyme quinta-feira, 14 de junho de 2012 06:58
- 1478BrDaHa quinta-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2013 00:56
- 24708gabeg3461 sexta-feira, 2 de setembro de 2011 14:04
- 53747Jonny Garrett sexta-feira, 24 de agosto de 2012 11:03
- 52503AccessIT terça-feira, 14 de junho de 2011 04:15
- 01346Kostas0 segunda-feira, 8 de outubro de 2012 15:11
- 02434john cab 282 quinta-feira, 13 de setembro de 2012 22:09
- 01927GhibliCricket terça-feira, 24 de julho de 2012 12:23
- 24711Kevin Earley terça-feira, 11 de outubro de 2011 16:09
- 137869Brian P. Chappell terça-feira, 14 de junho de 2011 07:31
- 01775John Ludlow terça-feira, 17 de julho de 2012 09:46
- 02609Dinis Cruz sábado, 16 de junho de 2012 04:52
- 43801Kevin gwMMIX quarta-feira, 14 de março de 2012 08:43
- 23989George.St segunda-feira, 9 de abril de 2012 19:40
- 03024T S R Murthy segunda-feira, 30 de abril de 2012 18:40
- 13297Andrew Miller - WI sexta-feira, 30 de março de 2012 15:18
- 113381Carl Daniel terça-feira, 7 de fevereiro de 2012 22:50