none
RoBoard RB-100 + Servo Motor Kondo KRS-788HV ICS

Respostas

• Luke, I'm not sure I understand you. Are you suggesting that MSRS projects need to use only MARK components ? That seems extremely limiting, and frankly, a little naive. Even with hobby robotics, the world is much, much, larger than the MARK platform.

I don't think that was the intent. Surely there is much more you can and might want to do than conform to the reference design.  It is simply a worthwhile place to start if you are just getting started.

One thig the reference design does do is de-couple the Controlling OS from the micro-controller.  Since many robots are capable of carrying a loptop or small PC and many projects are wanting to leverage the advance computing power and tool chains available on a PC, the microcontroller/firmware (the controller board) can be responsible for direct interaction with the hardware while the PC can handle the advanced computing. 

Of course that will not be ideal or desireable for some applications...  just another option.

sexta-feira, 9 de março de 2012 20:09

Todas as Respostas

• We really recommend using components that comply with our MARK Reference Design.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh418576.aspx  
    segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 06:47
  • Eduardo, the Roboard cannot run the latest versions of MSRS. MSRS now requires Windows Embedded Standard, and the Roboards don't have the beef to handle that OS. You'd need to use an older version of MSRS that can run under Windows Embedded Compact. This is really a shame because the Roboard is such a cool controller.

Luke, I'm not sure I understand you. Are you suggesting that MSRS projects need to use only MARK components ? That seems extremely limiting, and frankly, a little naive. Even with hobby robotics, the world is much, much, larger than the MARK platform.

Thanks,

CogswellCogs 

quarta-feira, 22 de fevereiro de 2012 19:02
  • Luke, I'm not sure I understand you. Are you suggesting that MSRS projects need to use only MARK components ? That seems extremely limiting, and frankly, a little naive. Even with hobby robotics, the world is much, much, larger than the MARK platform.

I don't think that was the intent. Surely there is much more you can and might want to do than conform to the reference design.  It is simply a worthwhile place to start if you are just getting started.

One thig the reference design does do is de-couple the Controlling OS from the micro-controller.  Since many robots are capable of carrying a loptop or small PC and many projects are wanting to leverage the advance computing power and tool chains available on a PC, the microcontroller/firmware (the controller board) can be responsible for direct interaction with the hardware while the PC can handle the advanced computing. 

Of course that will not be ideal or desireable for some applications...  just another option.

sexta-feira, 9 de março de 2012 20:09