none
Column 'CheckoutUser' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. Error

Pergunta

• Hi,

When uploading document to document library i am getting this error.

Can any one help..?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Column 'CheckoutUser' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.

Description:

An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Column 'CheckoutUser' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Column 'CheckoutUser' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.]
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldCollection.GetField(String strName, Boolean bThrowException) +26419080
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.GetValue(String strName, Boolean bThrowException) +47
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.get_Item(String fieldName) +12
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.GetCheckedOutUserId(SPItem item) +178
       Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SaveButton.CreateChildControls() +325
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +146
       Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.TemplateBasedControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +62
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +191
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

terça-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2011 11:37

Respostas

• Hi santhosh,

The 'CheckoutUser' is a built-in field. It is defined in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\fields\fieldswss.xml. In case, the 'CheckoutUser' is removed from the fieldswss.xml file, you will get the column does not exist error.

So, please verify the file is existing, and the 'CheckoutUser' is existing in the file fieldswss.xml.

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)
    • Sugerido como Resposta SivaMit quinta-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2011 10:51
    • Marcado como Resposta Steven AndrewsEditor quarta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2012 11:07
    quinta-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2011 09:22
    Moderador

Todas as Respostas

• Hi santhosh,

The 'CheckoutUser' is a built-in field. It is defined in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\fields\fieldswss.xml. In case, the 'CheckoutUser' is removed from the fieldswss.xml file, you will get the column does not exist error.

So, please verify the file is existing, and the 'CheckoutUser' is existing in the file fieldswss.xml.

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)
    • Sugerido como Resposta SivaMit quinta-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2011 10:51
    • Marcado como Resposta Steven AndrewsEditor quarta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2012 11:07
    quinta-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2011 09:22
    Moderador
  • Hi Jinchun Chen,

Thanks for yor reply..

I checked the file fieldswss.xml. It has the field with the name 'CheckoutUser'.

• Editado satsum sexta-feira, 30 de dezembro de 2011 09:21
    sexta-feira, 30 de dezembro de 2011 09:21
  • Hi santhosh.rct,

Thank you for your update.

In order to narrow down the issue, could you please create a new document library, and check if the issue happens in the new library?

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    sexta-feira, 30 de dezembro de 2011 09:22
    Moderador
  • Hello Jinchun Chen,

For other document library , it is working fine.

Actually I did exercise of  following url ..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff181518.aspx (Convert word document in sharepoint library to pdf)

After performing this I am getting above error , when adding document to to document library .

• Editado satsum segunda-feira, 2 de janeiro de 2012 06:07
    segunda-feira, 2 de janeiro de 2012 06:07
  • Hi santhosh.rct,

I tried the solution too, and it works. Could you send me the code you have used? It is exactly same to the one posted in the article? Appreciate your comprehension.

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    quarta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2012 08:54
    Moderador
  • I had this same issue with the Convert Word to PDF demo and believe the root cause is the List Definition.  The default option is "Announcement", but I this should be "Document Library" with Type 101.  HTH
    quinta-feira, 12 de janeiro de 2012 18:33
  • I am Facing same issue, got any resolution on same?  I am using VS 2012 with document Library 101 i.e. DocumentTemplate = "101"

Regards, Abhay A Joshi

quarta-feira, 25 de julho de 2012 10:12
  • I found the solution to this problem, you have to add BaseType="1" instead of BaseType="0" in the element.xml and schema.xml
    • Sugerido como Resposta Gadgetsan terça-feira, 2 de outubro de 2012 19:46
    terça-feira, 2 de outubro de 2012 19:46