none
Work with spring properties in material property for entity

Pergunta

• Hi

We want to add a spring property to link of a robot. when we add this property in following way:

shape a = new shape();

MaterialProperties b = new MaterialProperties();

b.Advanced.Spring = new SpringProperties(500000,100,0);

a.Material = b;

The number of 500000 and 100 is arbitrary. But we run this a error occured with this text in Console:

"System.NullRefrenceException: object refrence not set to an instance of an object"

I don't know why this error occured? plz help me about this. I don't find an example in Professional MRDS book about this(spring Material Property).

Also plz tell me about units of parameters of SpringProperties for example what is unit of Damper coefficient and Spring Coefficient?

segunda-feira, 13 de fevereiro de 2012 11:42

Respostas

Todas as Respostas

• Where does the exception occur?  At the use of b in b.Advance.Spring, or the use of a.Material?

I can't find any indication of units in the documentation, but the RDS simulation environment uses PhysX (from nVidia, used to be called Ageia) physics engine. I imagine that these are passed through to that engine.  I would begin my search for units there.
    If I had to guess, the spring coefficient woud be would be
    in Newtons per meter and damper would be in Newtons per meter per second

quinta-feira, 29 de março de 2012 01:20
    Proprietário
  • I haven't seen a response on this thread for a while so I am closing it “Answered”. If you have another question, please open a new thread as this one will continue to appear "Answered" and may not get any attention.
    quinta-feira, 12 de abril de 2012 18:47
    Moderador