none
Approval Workflow SharePoint 2013

Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with the SharePoint Approval Workflow. I'm using SharePoint 2013. The Workflows Feature has been activated. The approval process worked once already when I configured SharePoint 2013 in a hyper-v environment for testing purposes. The servers have been rebuilt, using the same processes and now the Approval workflow won't work.

I go to a library and create a new Approval workflow. This is all done front end. No Designer involved. I give the workflow a name, trigger the workflow to start automatically when a new item is added, add an approver and check Update Content Approval. Content Approval is on in the library. No Versioning. No check Out required.

I create a new file. The workflow gets triggered. I go to Outlook and there is an email and the first step is to review the new document. I click the link to the new document and it opens in Word. At the top there is a Workflow Task bar and when I click Open this Task I get an error message instead of an Approval dialog box.

I don't know what's causing this since nothing is customized and I've done it before with no problems. Any ideas? Thanks!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:45 PM