none
Windows Live™ Account Update(FINAL NOTICE)AVOID ACCOUNT SHUTDOWN !!!

Question

• I received an email with the message above in the subject line. Is this a legitimate request from Windows Live? The return address is listed as almahidanavic@hotmail.com.

The body of the email asks for the following information:

Dear Valued Member,

We encountered a problem with our database and a lot of records were lost, we are restoring our database to enable us serve you better. Your Windows Live! Account details are required in our database to keep your account active. Failure to do this will make you lose your account permanently. Click the reply button and fill the details below :

User name:.......................
    Password:......................
    Date of Birth:....................

After updating your account information, your account will not be interrupted and will continue to work as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request.

Note: YOUR DETAILS WILL NOT BE SHARED.

Thanks for using Hotmail !

Copyright © 2011 Hotmail ! Inc. All rights reserved

Friday, August 19, 2011 2:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is a phishing scam. Do not send these people any information.

http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=85e18bb3-c7be-4d03-bdf9-2f2c2a0edc97

Friday, August 19, 2011 4:05 PM
  • I got this same message, i thought it was real and sent the info but i got an email from postmaster of failed delivery. the email listed on the email i got was cesarb_02@hotmail.com     can windows team look into this email user please! 
    Monday, February 20, 2012 1:49 AM
  • here is the email i got                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

undefined 

Dear Account User,

This message is from our database to all free and premium Windows Live account owners. Due to congestion in our database, we are terminating all unverified accounts. To prevent your account from closing, you have to update it. Click on your reply button to reply back to this message and then fill the information below. 

*  Full Name:........................................

* Username :……………………….. 

* Password:………………………

* Date Of  Birth:..............................

* Country or Territory:.............................

* Alternate Email If Any 

* Email :……………………….. 
    * Password:………………………….

XE23r88Z

Enter the 8 characters you see:XE23r88Z .XE23r88Z.......... (X)

XE23r88Z

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to verify his/her account after a week of receiving this warning, will lose it permanently.

Microsoft controls the data collected in this survey and may use your responses (together with existing data we have about you) to make sure its products and services meet your needs and preferences. Microsoft will treat all data collected from you in accordance with our privacy policy.

Sincerely,
    The Windows Live 
    Hotmail Team

©2012 Microsoft Corporation

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:55 AM