none
How to Stop upload and download

Question

• HI:

I have used Live SDK to write a app on win8,i have some questions.

1: Can i stop uploading or dowloading files with UploadAsync and DownloadAsync methods.

2: Before i upload a file to the skydrive,can i get the free space of the skydrive? Is there have a limit about the file size?

3:A file on the skydrive witch  permission is only-me, than i get the file link with   client.GetAsync("file.22609f034aebe211.22609F034AEBE211!115/shared_read_link");  Can i share this link to my contract so that they can visit my file?

thank you!

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 10:25 AM

Answers

• For no 1: There is no support for cancelling an upload or download. We understand that this is a limiation in the library and are working on a solution

From Federicco's response

For no 2: Getting the quota is not supported now but we are working to provide it on a future version.

For no 3: Shared links are not supported on the Developer Preview but they will work on the final release. Once supported, a shared link will allow your contact to access the file. See the Readme document that comes together with the SDK for the list of features not supported on the Developer Preview

Thanks

Deepesh

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:49 PM

All replies

• For no 1: There is no support for cancelling an upload or download. We understand that this is a limiation in the library and are working on a solution

From Federicco's response

For no 2: Getting the quota is not supported now but we are working to provide it on a future version.

For no 3: Shared links are not supported on the Developer Preview but they will work on the final release. Once supported, a shared link will allow your contact to access the file. See the Readme document that comes together with the SDK for the list of features not supported on the Developer Preview

Thanks

Deepesh

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:49 PM
  • For no 2: Getting the quota is not supported now but we are working to provide it on a future version.  

For no 3: Shared links are not supported on the Developer Preview but they will work on the final release. Once supported, a shared link will allow your contact to access the file. See the Readme document that comes together with the SDK for the list of features not supported on the Developer Preview.   

Federico Raggi. Program Manager / Windows Live Developer Platform / Microsoft
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:00 PM