Forum & Blogs
· Forum: http://openxmldeveloper.org/ -- a place to learn more about Open XML Formats news & information, to get questions answered and share your insights.
· Open XML Format SDK Forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/oxmlsdk/threads/?prof=required -- a discussion forum for developer topics related to the Open XML Format SDK.
· Brian Jones & Zeyad Rajabi: Office Solutions: http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_jones/ -- focus on the types of Business Applications people are building that leverages Office functionality. There are miscellaneous articles about SDK, especially the sample code of real-world scenarios.
o Brian Jones: a program manager in Office. He has been working on the XML functionality and file formats in Office, as well as other technologies folks use for extending Office in various ways.
o Zeyad Rajabi: an Open XML document format Program Manager within the Microsoft Office division.
· Eric White’s blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/ericwhite/ -- you could learn some Open XML related issues like file format & format conversion in detail.
· Open Xml Explained e-book: A detailed introduction to Open Xml Format SDK and the format.
Third Party Efforts
· Open XML Package Explorer: Explore the internal structure of Open Xml File Format package.
· Oxygen XML Editor: Extract, validate, edit and process the XML data stored in Office 2007 files and any other ZIP-based archive. These capabilities allow developers to use data from Office 2007 documents together with validation and transformations (using XSLT or XQuery) to other file formats.
· Open XML Viewer: Convert OOXML file to HTML.
· VSTO Power Tools: Explorer the internal structure of Open Xml File Format package & simplify Office development by using included re-usable class libraries.
· PHPExcel: Provide a set of classes for the PHP programming language, which allow you to write to and read from different file formats, like Excel 2007, PDF, HTML...
· Simple OOXML: A set of helper classes to make the creation of Open Office XML documents easier. Uses the Open Office SDK v 2.0. Modify or create any .docx or .xlsx document without Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel. It provides high-level functions built upon SDK.
· FlexDoc: A template-based server-side Word document generator.
· ExtremeML: It enables packages to be created and edited via an intuitive object model and freeing developers from the burden of implementing the low-level detail of Open XML.