none
Access reports on Sharepoint stopped working

คำถาม

• I published a Microsoft Access database to a Sharepoint server. I created a few basic reports.  Plus minus 300 users used the application for about 2 weeks without any problems.  The reports worked fine, but one blue Monday morning the reports stopped working.  No changes were made to the Access database or on the Sharepoint side.  We investigated and found that the reporting services database was more that 4GB in size.  The access database was less than 70MB!  SQL express on the server were upgraded to SQL, but to no avail.  We re-published the database, but the reports still does not generate.  The rest of the database still functions 100%.  How can we get the reports to work again?
    11 เมษายน 2555 9:55

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hi Kriekie,

Can the data in the reporting services database be exported out?

What is the SQL Express? Is the SQL Express the SQL Server Express?

Thanks.

• แก้ไขโดย VBANewFan 13 เมษายน 2555 3:57
    13 เมษายน 2555 3:55
  • Yes, it is SQL server express.

I was mistaken, it was not a reporting services db, it is a SQL db with a name "accessreports".  It would have been generated automatically during the publish process from Access to Sharepoint.

13 เมษายน 2555 5:31
  • Hi Kriekie,

Thanks for posting. It appears that you are having some difficulty in running your reports when your web database is published to your SharePoint site.

Since I do not have much information regarding how your SharePoint farm is set up, I will start out with providing you with some information regarding Access Services reporting.

Access Services reports need to interface with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to run reports. In order for the reports to run correctly, you would need to have the SSRS add-in running on the SharePoint web front end server(s). For more info, please see the following:

Use Access Services with SQL Reporting Services: Installing SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services Add-In (SharePoint Server 2010)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662542.aspx

You can download the SSRS add-in from the following location:

Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint® Technologies 2010
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=622

After installing the add-in, you may need to enable the Reporting Server feature in the site settings.

How To: Activate the Report Server feature in Site Settings
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb677366(SQL.105).aspx

If the above information does not resolve your issue, then please post the exact error message you are seeing when attempting to run reports on the SharePoint site. Also, is your SharePoint environment split up on different servers? For example, is SharePoint running on 1 or more servers? Is SQL Server installed on the SharePoint server or a different server?

I hope that gets you going in the right direction.

------------------------------------------------

Best Regards,

Dan F.

Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

13 เมษายน 2555 16:55
  • Do you get any error messages when you try to run these reports?

I mean "don't work" is not a lot of help.

I would have simply deleted the session state database, and then started over.

The command to build/create a new session state from SharePoint powershell is:

enable-SPSessionStateService

You then can type in a name. Such as

MydbSessions

So, check this database. I suspect it was this database that grew too large, and your actual data tables are quite small.

So try creating a new sessions database.

Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada

14 เมษายน 2555 0:26
  • Thank you so much for your response!

I got the following error message:

"An error occurred during local report processing. Query execution failed for dataset 'Default'.  Failed to retrieve list data"

I am relatively experienced with Access desktop applications, but this is my first (really bad) experience with a web database.  I have no prior Sharepoint experience.  Can you perhaps give me some background on the session state database?

I am busy with a project for a corporate client.  I rely on their IT department to assist in the Sharepoint environment.  They however, do not have any experience with access services.

• แก้ไขโดย Kriekie 16 เมษายน 2555 7:22
    16 เมษายน 2555 6:19