none
You are not allowed to respond again to this survey.

Pergunta

• Hi,

I am using the sharepoint survey feature to implement the survey in my  project.

A set of 50 questions are distributed across 3 pages, Once the user selects the "Respond to the Survey" the newform.aspx page displays with set of questions and once user respond to the first set of questions and click Next button it shows next set of questions in the editform.aspx page until that it works fine, but when user uses the browser Back button to come back to first page and click Next button from the survey... it is throwing the error message saying "You are not allowed to respond again to this survey."

Can you please let me know how to overcome this problem.

quinta-feira, 23 de outubro de 2008 21:40

Respostas

• Hi,

I think it is a know issues that users not allowed to edit their draft response for multi-page surveys using Back button in browser and there is no hotfix currently.

When you go back, it re-renders the New form (and not an Edit form). The same user cannot submit from a New form if he/she already has a draft or published row.

There is a workaround: if you want to edit the response, you can go to the survey, use “Edit response” to edit your response.

Hope it helps.

Xue-Mei Chang
    segunda-feira, 27 de outubro de 2008 08:48

Todas as Respostas

• Are you using three different surveys on three pages? By default, all questions of the survey are shown on the same page. If that is the case, then there mght not be an easy solution because if user has responded once, he cannot respond again unless you have specifically set the multiple responses property to true in the survey settings page.
    SSA
    quinta-feira, 23 de outubro de 2008 23:44
  • I have deleted the duplicate post of this in the Design/Customization forum.

NEVER post the same question to two different forums. It wastes people's time unnecesarily.
    sexta-feira, 24 de outubro de 2008 06:31
  • Hi SSA,

Thanks for your response, I am using only survey with 30 questions, which contains branching logic questions and page separators.

Example: Once user click the "Respond to Survey" the questions are shown in newform.aspx, if the 5th question is having Yes or No branching logic and on selecting Yes or No and clicking the next button, the remaining questions are showing in the next page(newform.aspx)and in this page if user clicks browser back button to go to previous page to edit previous responses and then clicking next button to continue... that time it is showing the error message("You are not allowed to respond again to this survey.").

I set Multiple responses property to FALSE

Note: This is happening only at the first time response, when i checked code when user first time selects the "Respond to Survey" it is going to Newform.aspx there i find  when user clicks the NEXT button in Newform.aspx they are generating id for this user response in the database, so when we are not moving forward and coming back and clicking NEXT it is trying to create a new reponse for the same user.. so it throws an error.

Once we save the responses and go edit responses it is not showing any problem, because all the questions are showing in Editform.aspx

thanks,
    Krishna1105
    sexta-feira, 24 de outubro de 2008 17:26
  • Hi,

I think it is a know issues that users not allowed to edit their draft response for multi-page surveys using Back button in browser and there is no hotfix currently.

When you go back, it re-renders the New form (and not an Edit form). The same user cannot submit from a New form if he/she already has a draft or published row.

There is a workaround: if you want to edit the response, you can go to the survey, use “Edit response” to edit your response.

Hope it helps.

Xue-Mei Chang
    segunda-feira, 27 de outubro de 2008 08:48
  • HI All,
    I am getting a error when  a user respons to a survey which was completed by him already.....Can anyone tell me how to handle this error......
    I am getting the below error.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: You are not allowed to respond again to this survey.
    quarta-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2010 11:14