none
Saving a document with a signature

Pergunta

• I am generating word documents on a server using a document template and the Open XML SDK. I've signed the document and the user downloads it from the server. When they go to save the document locally they are warned that saving it will remove the signature.

This isn't very useful.

I've reproduced this in other scenarios. For example if you sign a document and email it to someone else they can 'Save Attachments' and it works fine but if they open the document in the email and then try to save they are warned that the signature is removed.

Is there something that I can do to make this scenario functional? Can I sign only specific parts of the document so that they will not be invalidated by saving it?

sexta-feira, 9 de março de 2012 17:20

Todas as Respostas

• Hi Don-Rule,

Thank you for posting.

I will help you involve others to help you. There might be some delay about the response. Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

segunda-feira, 12 de março de 2012 02:29
  • Could you clarify what you are using specifically?

Are you using Office 2010?  Office 2007?

Are you and your clients on Windows 7?

What is the exact error message users are getting?  We have a few variations of those type of messages that mean different issues.

Do your users have any addins in Office installed?  Do all users reproduce this issue?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Thanks! Adrian Microsoft Online Community Support

segunda-feira, 12 de março de 2012 17:23
    Moderador