none
Getting error: The expression on Click you entered as the event property setting produced the error...

Domanda

• Hi All,

I have a MS Access with the following development environment : OS : Xp SP3; Office 2007. I compiled the ACCDB to ACCDE and shared with the users.

Users are getting the error when a process is run:

The expression on Click you entered as the event property setting produced the error...

- The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined functions or [Event Procedure[

- There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro.

More suprisingly, when I share the application after compiling on my PC, they are getting this error but when I tried to debug the application (ACCDB) at their end..it worked and even the compiled version also (when I comiled the database on their pc).

Please let me know what other information is required to get this problem solved..

Thanks

Varun

Varun Sharma
    domenica 31 luglio 2011 05:21

Risposte

• Your machine has a different versiono of a control than your user's machine.  When you run from the source version you rebind to whatever version is on the machine.  When you compile a database the compiler stores the GUID of the control layout of the interface (early binding). 

Check all of the controls on the startup form.

http://www.saberman.com
    • Proposto come risposta Macy Dong mercoledì 3 agosto 2011 03:45
    • Contrassegnato come risposta Macy Dong lunedì 8 agosto 2011 01:23
    domenica 31 luglio 2011 16:45