none
How to do a search on access 2003?

Question

• Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to do something in Microsoft access? Basically what I am trying to set up is some way to be able to search my database for certian key words. for example I am trying to make a database of macro invertabrates for a biology lab I work in. And basically what I want to do is to search for like species a and location b and number of individuals total for example. And then I would like access to find all the information that pertains to that search and put it on one spead sheet. Is something like this even possible in access? And if so where should I start to figure it out?

Thanks

Robert Firor

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:24 PM

Answers

• Hello,

It is defintely possible. You can build the query and use 'Like' keyword and '*' with the value you are looking for.

Nadia

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:29 PM
  • I would like access to find all the information that pertains to that search and put it on one spead sheet. 

You first need to decide what data you wish to store and if it has a hierachical relationship.

Do you want age,sex, weight, height_lenght, species, class, genus, color, etc.?

Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:10 AM

All replies