none
MS Word Automation - Format Change Error

Question

• I have opened a word document (rtf format) in an application, which uses Word Automation, and edited and saved (rtf format) the document using word automation.

The document contains texts with different formats (Bold/Italics/Normal) and fonts. After saving and closing the document using Word automation and when I re- open the document in MS Word (same version or different version. 2000/2003) or in the same automation editor, sometimes the entire text becomes BOLD.

I could not identify any particular sequence in which this issue happens and it is not happening always. The documents are saved in one machine and opening in another machine.

Please help.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Rose,

Thanks for you post.

There is a special forum to deal with word issue. For better support, I will move this thread to Word for Developers Forum. It will cost a little time to involve the members in this forum. I appreciate your patience.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day.

Mark Liu-lxf
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:22 AM
  • Hi Rose77,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Could you please provide the code of that application? I'll take a try to see whether I can reproduce your scenario or not.

You can upload the application project to SkyDrive make it accessible and share the link.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:37 AM