none
Excel 2003 pulling data from Infopath 2003 form hosted on Sharepoint 2007page.

Question

• Hi everyone,
    I just completed a form in Infopath that includes fields for a Project Name, Project Requestor, Project Manager, etc.  After this form gets approved in the work flow the requestor is pointed to a spreadsheet where more information about the project is filled out.  It seems like a superfluous request, but my manager has asked that certain fields, such as the Project Name, be taken from the Infopath form and put into the Excel sheet.  It doesn't sound possible to me, but does anyone have any suggestions to go about trying to do this?  Thank you.
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Using Office 2003, you can link a SharePoint list to an Access db, then use MSQuery to pull data into Excel from the Access database.

Seems a roundabout way of doing things...
    "MikeBrandman" wrote in message news:e5a6f26a$6dc8$441a$88e0$b42d184c5ae3@f9a65fd5$6bcb$4734$a466$2bf4c6b 122fa.communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    Hi everyone,
    I just completed a form in Infopath that includes fields for a Project Name, Project Requestor, Project Manager, etc. After this form gets approved in the work flow the requestor is pointed to a spreadsheet where more information about the project is filled out. It seems like a superfluous request, but my manager has asked that certain fields, such as the Project Name, be taken from the Infopath form and put into the Excel sheet. It doesn't sound possible to me, but does anyone have any suggestions to go about trying to do this? Thank you.

Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com
    • Marked as answer by MikeBrandman Tuesday, June 01, 2010 12:53 PM
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:56 AM
    Answerer