none
SP Designer Workflow - Assign task to multiple users

Question

• Is it possible to assign a task (individual task per user) to each user within a SharePoint Group via an SP Designer workflow (2010 and 2013 platform)?

The workflow would then need to wait until each task had been actioned before proceeding

Monday, August 25, 2014 10:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you want to use SharePoint 2010 and 2013 platform workflows to assign a task to each user within a SharePoint Group and wait until each task has been actioned.

In SharePoint 2010 platform, I recommend that you can follow the steps as below to implement it.

1. Create a workflow and add action: Start Approval Process.
    2. Click these user to set the task process participants, select the SharePointGroup and choose Serial (one at a time) or Parallel (all at once).
    3. Right click the action, select Properties, click ExpandGroups, change No to Yes.     
    4. Then you can assign task to each member of the group. By default, the workflow will wait until each task has been actioned.

In SharePoint 2013 platform, I recommend that you can follow the steps as below to implement it.

1. Create  a workflow and add action: Start a task process.
    2. Click these user to set the task process participants, select the SharePoint Group and choose Serial (one at a time) or Parallel (all at once).
    3. In Task Options, check “Assign a task to each member within groups” and “Wait for task complement”, choose “Wait for all responses” in Completion Criteria section.
    4. Then  you can assign task to each member of the group and the workflow will wait  until each task has been actioned.

The Task Options will be set as below:

For more information, you can refer to:

http://www.mindfiresolutions.com/Assigning-tasks-to-each-member-using-SPD2010-Workflow-1140.php

Best Regards,

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:21 AM