none
Combo Box Manipulation in MS-Word 2007

General discussion

• Dear Sirs,

I am an medium level programmer in VB6 applications as also in Excel and Access.

Lately and in odrer to produce a Word 2007 document with options taken by clients, I added in the document some combo boxes and I filled the relevant items with the choices to be taken.

As I tried to find the names of the combo boxes, in order to write code to manipulate the choices, I discovered that the names of the comboboxes cannot be displayed through their properties.

Can you provide me with a solution on this ??

Best Regards

Mark

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark

Do I understand correctly: you are not using the .NET technology or VSTO (the topic of this forum), but classic VB6? If that is the case, we'll need to move the discussion for you to the Word for Developers forum.

We need to understand what kind of comboboxes these are. I'm guessing ActiveX?

I think I understand your problem, but I'm not 100% sure. Could you please provide more information about how you're not able to work with the comboboxes, exactly?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:11 PM
  • Dear Cindy,

Thank you for your swift response.

Given some restraints from our company's policy, I resolved the problem by using benchmarks and by adding the relevant code to control the options.

Thanks a lot

Mark

Friday, December 07, 2012 10:01 AM