none
Access 97(mdb)

Question

• Hi Everybody .. Have a good day... I just want to ask something about Access 97(mdb) running on a  windows server 2003(recently running) and now we going to transfer Access97 to windows server 2008 which i already installed. Now what i want is? i want to run it "simultaneously" for my mdb  users (5 users) , because as of now i was unable to run it simultaneously....i hope you can help me..Thanks
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Everybody .. Have a good day... I just want to ask something about Access 97(mdb) running on a  windows server 2003(recently running) and now we going to transfer Access97 to windows server 2008 which i already installed. Now what i want is? i want to run it "simultaneously" for my mdb  users (5 users) , because as of now i was unable to run it simultaneously....i hope you can help me..Thanks

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  Is it that individual users can open and run the database one at a time, but not simultaneously?  If that is the case, it may just be a server permissions issue.  All users must have full permissions on the folder containing the database.  This is because Access must be able to create, update, and delete the lock (.ldb) file in that folder, in order to manage the locking necessary for shared database access.

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Bro? .. Have a good day... I just want to ask something about Access 97(mdb) running on a  windows server 2003(recently running) and now we going to transfer Access97 to windows server 2008 which i already installed. Now what i want is? i want to run it "simultaneously" for my mdb  users (5 users) , because as of now i was unable to run it simultaneously....i hope you can help me..Thanks
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:21 AM
  • Just a thought here, perhaps you may try the access 2007 and access 2010 runtime to see if they work for the Access 97. If it works, you may try to install the runtime for the clients.
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:24 AM

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  Is it that individual users can open and run the database one at a time, but not simultaneously?  If that is the case, it may just be a server permissions issue.  All users must have full permissions on the folder containing the database.  This is because Access must be able to create, update, and delete the lock (.ldb) file in that folder, in order to manage the locking necessary for shared database access.

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:23 PM