none
Person / Group column issue

Question

•   I have created a person/Group column,  and use infopath to edit Form, the frist time pulibish that is working, but when I edit Form again , and use datasheet view model to copy and paster data, that will show error as below.

if remove this Person/Group column and re-create it, that working again. but I need to update workflow and others that very suffer...

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    iexplore.exe
      Application Version:    8.0.7601.18487
      Application Timestamp:    5385a4c5
      Fault Module Name:    MSVCR100.dll
      Fault Module Version:    10.0.40219.325
      Fault Module Timestamp:    4df2be1e
      Exception Code:    c0000005
      Exception Offset:    00018103
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
      Locale ID:    2052
      Additional Information 1:    0a9e
      Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
      Additional Information 3:    0a9e
      Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 9:31 AM

Answers

• Hi  ,

According to your description, my understanding is that you cannot use datasheet view model to copy and paste data after you edit form twice using InfoPath.

For your issue, I try to reproduce your scenario in my SharePoint environment. But everything worked fine even though I edit my form twice using InfoPath. Here is my Person/Group settings you can have a look at:

Best Regards,

Eric

Eric Tao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 07, 2014 11:40 AM
  • Hi

When you use a People Picker control to add a user to your form, what happens in the background is that if the user doesn't already exist in the User Information List for that site collection, the user is added. 

While using Datasheet view, this is not the same, Datasheet view will only allow you to enter users who already exist on your User Information List which means if you are trying to paste in users who don't already exist you will have a problem (as in it wont work).

Have you confirmed that the user exists on the User Information List (a simple check would be to create an item using the people picker control and then paste in a single row in datasheet mode with the same person as they will exist, then paste in a row of data with a user who you haven't added using the people picker control).

Regards

Sergio Giusti Sergio Blogs
    Linked In Profile

Whenever you see a reply you think is helpful, click Vote As Helpful.
    Whenever you see a reply you think is the answer to the question, click Mark As Answer.

Monday, August 11, 2014 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi  ,

According to your description, my understanding is that you cannot use datasheet view model to copy and paste data after you edit form twice using InfoPath.

For your issue, I try to reproduce your scenario in my SharePoint environment. But everything worked fine even though I edit my form twice using InfoPath. Here is my Person/Group settings you can have a look at:

Best Regards,

Eric

Eric Tao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 07, 2014 11:40 AM
  • Hi

When you use a People Picker control to add a user to your form, what happens in the background is that if the user doesn't already exist in the User Information List for that site collection, the user is added. 

While using Datasheet view, this is not the same, Datasheet view will only allow you to enter users who already exist on your User Information List which means if you are trying to paste in users who don't already exist you will have a problem (as in it wont work).

Have you confirmed that the user exists on the User Information List (a simple check would be to create an item using the people picker control and then paste in a single row in datasheet mode with the same person as they will exist, then paste in a row of data with a user who you haven't added using the people picker control).

Regards

Sergio Giusti Sergio Blogs
    Linked In Profile

Whenever you see a reply you think is helpful, click Vote As Helpful.
    Whenever you see a reply you think is the answer to the question, click Mark As Answer.

Monday, August 11, 2014 11:54 AM