none
Open Office app automatically

Question

• Hello,

Within the bounds of developing of Mail App for Outlook there is instructions in MSDN regarding the testing of Office app (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp142159.aspx#OutlookAgaveVS_Test). It says that it's necessary to click on App button in the mail message. So that the App is expanded and displayed in there.

Is there any way to show/expand the Mail App for Outlook immidietally after opening mail message and without clicking Mail App button?

Thank you in advance.

Monday, July 08, 2013 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Oleg,

This is not currently possible in our tooling -- but thanks for the suggestion!

- Michael

Michael Zlatkovsky | Program Manager, Visual Studio Tools for Office & Apps for Office

• Marked as answer by Oleg Sivakov Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:21 AM
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Oleg,

This is not currently possible in our tooling -- but thanks for the suggestion!

- Michael

Michael Zlatkovsky | Program Manager, Visual Studio Tools for Office & Apps for Office

• Marked as answer by Oleg Sivakov Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:21 AM
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:53 PM
  • Hi Oleg,

Thanks for your suggestion. Could you help us to understand why you want the app to be expanded automatically? What's the painpoint without doing this? It will help us to prioritize your suggestion together with others for our next release.

Thanks,

Xiaoying

Xiaoying is a program manager in Microsoft Visual Studio Office Developer Tools team | This post is provided "as-is"

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:08 PM
  • Hi

Well, actually there is no painpoint without expanding the app. I just need to get to know whether there is such ability. So having it I could be good to think over extra functionality for the mail app I'm developing. And having this option makes the mail app more usable.

Thanks

Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:44 PM