none
macro to auto detect font in outlook signature and set message body

Question

• We have a client who has 4 different signatures for 4 different companies.

Each company uses a different font and this is setup in each signature correctly. We need to be able to reply to messages from each separate inbox and have the signature auto select and then set the message body according to the signature font.

Setting outlook to use a different font makes all messages use that font regardless of the signature font.

I hope this is explained well enough.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 1:21 AM

All replies

• No need to use macro. Outlook has the feature which allows you to do it. Following link will help you to how to do it.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/create-an-e-mail-message-HA010117953.aspx?CTT=3

• Proposed as answer by newbie_2011 Thursday, July 05, 2012 7:18 AM
    Thursday, July 05, 2012 7:18 AM
  • I don't actually think this covers what I am actually asking. I already asked this question in the IT pro section and the response was that it needed to be put across here for some alternate options. The article is basically telling me how to format my emails but does not cover the issue we are faced with.

Regards

Simon

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:46 PM
  • i havn't tried it but maybe using Inspector.WordEditor (Word's Document interface) go to bookmark named _MailAutoSig (which marks where signature was pasted) and select some range starting there and read Font property on that Range.
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:06 AM