none
There was a problem sending the command to the program [Access 2007]

Question

• Hello and dood day everybody!

I'm having an issue on a geographically dislocated company network i'm consulting in.

The network has a domain, all the clients accessing the resources are on the same domain. 

All the employees computer have Office 2007 licensed and they're all power users. 

The issue is that when peoples from branches sites try to open a .accdb file located on a server in the main site. 

The message reported is always "There was a problem sending the command to the program" Access 2007 hangs and tries to open the file

with the results of having it ruined time after time. 

What i've done so far:

0) Read all the other issues on this forum and gathered all the information i could find on internet regards the error message related to Access 2007

1) Check the permission on file --> the whole folder is shared to Everyone with read/write rights. 

2) Check updates --> all the computer i've run into the problem were fully update (os and office) 

3) Copied the db file locally --> the file opens smoothly

4) Disabled the DDE --> Via Office button, advanced settings,scroll down, ignore DDE.

The issue persist. 

Any hints to solve the problem would be higly appreciated!

Regards

Alessio 

Friday, September 24, 2010 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hello Loki,

Thank you for your interest in Access 2007.  I see you're having trouble connecting to a database at a remote location.  I have a few questions about this scenario.

What does "having it ruined" mean?  Are you saying that the database becomes corrupted?
    Did this scenario ever work they you expect?
    Does Access have any compatibility options set (check the properties for MSACCESS.EXE)

Best Regards,
    Nathan Ost
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:06 PM