none
Cell Formatting in Excel 2010 vs 2013?

Question

• Hello,

Our web application uses Apache POI and Jasper Reports to export data to an Excel spreadsheet. Everything works fine with Excel 2003 - 2010. However, when an exported spreadsheet is opened in Excel 2013, at E36, our custom cell format is no longer applied and the cell is formatted with the "General" format. 

We cannot seem to figure out why this works properly in earlier versions of Excel, but not in Excel 2013.

Were there any changes made to cell formatting in Excel 2013? We've tried upgrading our export tools to the latest versions without any change in behavior, is there another way we can attempt to troubleshoot this or figure out why this may be happening?

Thanks,

Matt

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hello!

Did you find a solution?

I'm having same issue!

Thanks

Hello!

We did, unfortunately one of our developers found the problem and fixed it and I'm not sure exactly what he did. IIRC, it was something to do with the code loop that was applying the formatting. Something changed between 2010 and 2013 with the limits on cell formatting, so he had to change the loop to format the cells in a different way and that resolved it.

Sorry I cannot be more help.

• Marked as answer by Matt336 Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:11 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your participation in this forum. I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Damon Zheng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, June 21, 2013 9:33 AM
  • We are also facing same issue, after upgrading Excel to 2013. Report generated from our application is opening with correct formatting in Excel 2017 and 2010. But Its formatting lost in Excel 2013 and show error message that some formatting not recovered.

Can you please provide your feedback on this issue?

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:11 AM
  • Hello!

Did you find a solution?

I'm having same issue!

Thanks

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:19 PM
  • Hello!

Did you find a solution?

I'm having same issue!

Thanks

Hello!

We did, unfortunately one of our developers found the problem and fixed it and I'm not sure exactly what he did. IIRC, it was something to do with the code loop that was applying the formatting. Something changed between 2010 and 2013 with the limits on cell formatting, so he had to change the loop to format the cells in a different way and that resolved it.

Sorry I cannot be more help.

• Marked as answer by Matt336 Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:11 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:11 PM