none
Refinement Panel displays filter GUID instead of filter name

Question

• Hi,

We have created two categories in Refinement Panel of ManagedPropertyFilterGenerator type as seen below:

<Category Title="Classification" Description="Managed metadata of the documents" Type="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.ManagedPropertyFilterGenerator" MetadataThreshold="1" NumberOfFiltersToDisplay="3" MaxNumberOfFilters="100" ShowMoreLink="True" MappedProperty="classification" MoreLinkText="show more" LessLinkText="show fewer" />

<Category Title="Product" Description="Managed metadata of the documents" Type="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.ManagedPropertyFilterGenerator" MetadataThreshold="1" NumberOfFiltersToDisplay="3" MaxNumberOfFilters="100" ShowMoreLink="True" MappedProperty="product" MoreLinkText="show more" LessLinkText="show fewer" />

The first category displays fine, however for the second category instead of filter names, filter GUIDs are displayed in the refinement panel. This issue occurs only in the Production environment. It works fine in the QA environment.

Can anyone please help us understand what could be the reason behind this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Ekta.

• Edited by Ekta D Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:37 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Ekata  D,

The only reason is that you GUID is same between production environment and QA environmentSo, Please check your GUID. I think your production environment GUID is change, So, when you use the GUID of QA environment ,It will not work.

Thanks,

Jack

Friday, July 27, 2012 3:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Ekata  D,

The only reason is that you GUID is same between production environment and QA environmentSo, Please check your GUID. I think your production environment GUID is change, So, when you use the GUID of QA environment ,It will not work.

Thanks,

Jack

Friday, July 27, 2012 3:44 AM
  • Can you elaborate on this answer? I am having the same problem however it is occouring in both production and test enviroments. We are not using the guid in the refinement panel, we are using the managed property "LoanCategory" and for whatever reason we get GUID's in our refinement panel.
    Monday, December 03, 2012 8:35 PM
  • Hi,

I am also getting this problem, we are using a termset for categories, when I used the mapped managed property in the refinement panel I can only filter GUIDs in the refinement panel instead of displaying the actual term labels like Im guessing it supposed to ?

Any ideas?

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:25 PM