none
Printing spreadsheets to 11x17 paper

Question

• This issue has cropped up several times around our office lately. When printing spreadsheets to 11x17 inch paper through any network printer, some rows are blank. The formatting and contents of the cells all fail to print across the entire affected row. But the formatting for the columns is still there. There's no discernible pattern to which rows it is or which documents are affected. My temporary work-around is just to copy the whole thing into a new spreadsheet and save it over top of the original. This only occurs on 11x17 paper (no matter what size or orientation it is on the paper), if the spreadsheets are printed on any other paper they appear fine.

Everyone is using Office 2010 Enterprise with all the latest updates and running identical copies of Windows 7 Pro. The problem happens with any printer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Tom

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 8:59 PM

Answers

• Tom:

As a test for a worksheet that fails to print correctly, try selecting the Adobe PDF printer.  Configure it to the same 11 X 17 orientation.

Then, open it up in Adobe reader.

It could possibly be an issue with your printer driver.  Are all the printers manufactured by the same company (i.e. Canon, HP, Ricoh, Brother)?

Regards,

Rich Locus, Logicwurks, LLC

http://www.logicwurks.com

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:43 PM

All replies

• Tom:

As a test for a worksheet that fails to print correctly, try selecting the Adobe PDF printer.  Configure it to the same 11 X 17 orientation.

Then, open it up in Adobe reader.

It could possibly be an issue with your printer driver.  Are all the printers manufactured by the same company (i.e. Canon, HP, Ricoh, Brother)?

Regards,

Rich Locus, Logicwurks, LLC

http://www.logicwurks.com

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:43 PM
  • The PDF work-around seems to do the trick for now, providing more predictable results than my original copy/paste method, but I am investigating ways to directly fix it because it does make things a little more complicated for the end users. There are a mix of HP, Canon and Oce printers/MFPs/plotters (I did even try it on a plotter with the same result) so drivers aren't my first suspect, but I'll look into it if all else fails. If I come up with anything definitive I'll post it here.

Thanks for your time and advice.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:56 PM