none
Error opening .pst file

Question

• I am working on a project where we connect to exchange mail accounts and also connect to .pst files.

I create a temporary profile each time I need to connect to a different server or connect to another .pst file. I am able to connect to as many concurrent .pst files in unique sessions as I want as long as I only open .pst files. After connecting to exchange
    sever, I am not able to connect to PST files. Each future attempt to connect to a .pst file fails in IMsgServiceAdmin::ConfigureMsgService with a MAPI_E_NO_ACCESS error. If I pass the SERVICE_UI_ALLOWED flag to ConfigureMsgService I get the following message "The file <Path to .pst> has changed since you last ran Microsoft Outlook. The change will take effect next time you start Outlook."

The Properties that I set before calling ConfigureMsgService are PR_DISPLAY_NAME and PR_PST_PATH. What am I missing that is preventing the MsgService to be configured for a .pst file in this scenario?

Thanks for any assistance.

Friday, May 11, 2012 8:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is a known Outlook problem - try to add the PST file to an existing profile that has the Exchange service configured.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.3 is now available!

Friday, May 11, 2012 8:28 PM
  •  Errors in the pst file can be resolved with the help of pst repair tool. A good and efficient software like  Outlook PST Repair is needed in this situation which can repair pst file which is severely corrupted and recover information from it. 
    • Edited by Alex kooc Thursday, November 07, 2013 6:09 PM
    Friday, February 01, 2013 9:42 AM