none
running a update query to a linked sharepoint table

Question

• using vb.net, i connect to access and run a update query that updates info on a linked sharepoint table.

i get the following error : The schema for this table has changed.

I also get this error running the query directly from access.

any ideas on what is causing this problem and how to resolve, without refreshing the table every time?

is this a bug in access? thanks

Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:43 PM

Answers

• Hello Dino_2,

Since the problem you're experiencing occurs in Access as well as in your VB.net application, I am going to focus on Access and ignore the VB app for now.  This should help keep things a little simpler

To clarify the problem that you're seeing, I have a few questions.  Please respond with answers to these and I'll see what I can find out for you.
    +> What is the Access version that you're using (in which you received the error)?
    +> What is the version of SharePoint?
    +> If you refresh the table within Access, do you still see the same error, or it cleared, even if only temporarily?
    +> How many items are in your SharePoint list?

Best Regards,
    Nathan Ost
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Dino_2 Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:05 PM
    Monday, October 04, 2010 9:43 PM

All replies

• Hello Dino_2,

Since the problem you're experiencing occurs in Access as well as in your VB.net application, I am going to focus on Access and ignore the VB app for now.  This should help keep things a little simpler

To clarify the problem that you're seeing, I have a few questions.  Please respond with answers to these and I'll see what I can find out for you.
    +> What is the Access version that you're using (in which you received the error)?
    +> What is the version of SharePoint?
    +> If you refresh the table within Access, do you still see the same error, or it cleared, even if only temporarily?
    +> How many items are in your SharePoint list?

Best Regards,
    Nathan Ost
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Dino_2 Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:05 PM
    Monday, October 04, 2010 9:43 PM
  • <tag>true<tag>
    MVD
    • Proposed as answer by incaman.org Tuesday, October 05, 2010 5:00 PM
    Tuesday, October 05, 2010 5:00 PM