none
Missing MS Soap Type Library v.3.0

Question

• Hi all,

a co-worker provided me with an add-in web services created by the Web Service References Tool 2.0. When I use it I found that a dll was missing.

The Microsoft SOAP Type Library v.3.0. I tried to replace it with the Microsoft SOAP Type Library v.3.0 Office but does not work.

WSDLService gives error message: The PROGID MSSOAP.GenericCustomTypeMapper 20 is invalid HRESULT = 0x800401f3

The error occurs on the second line of code:

Set = New sc_XPTo SoapClient30
     sc_XPTO.MSSoapInit2 c_WSDL_URL, str_WSML, c_SERVICE, c_PORT, c_SERVICE_NAMESPACE

The question is do I have to use the dll of the Web Service References Tool?

Why I can't replace it for the dll from Office?

TIA

João

Thursday, July 07, 2011 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hi all

At last my friend and co-worker has find the problem is the code to work with MS Office SOAP 3.0 dl.

Insted of

str_WSML = str_WSML & "<using PROGID='MSSOAP.GenericCustomTypeMapper30' cachable='0' ID='GCTM'/>"

one must use

str_WSML = str_WSML & "<using PROGID='MSOSOAP.GenericCustomTypeMapper30' cachable='0' ID='GCTM'/>"

Just an  "O"...

Thanks to those that try to help and ... HTH anothers...

João

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:33 PM

All replies

• Adding a new Dll to your PC rtequires you to register the library on the PC using regsvr32.exe
    jdweng
    Thursday, July 07, 2011 8:37 PM
  • Joel,

Ok.

But that it's not the issue.

The thing is why the program does not work with the dll that I have registered in my machine.

I know that can mean nothing, but the two dll's have the same filename mssoap30.dll

Any case thanks for replying.

João

Friday, July 08, 2011 3:04 PM
  • Check the daes of the Dll's and hover over the filenames in windows Explorer to get additional version information.  The Dll's could also be compioled for a different processor like a MAC, or Windows 7 and you are using it on a Windows XP machine.
    jdweng
    Friday, July 08, 2011 4:42 PM
  • Hi João,

How about the problem on your side? Have you resolved yet? You can try to reinstall the SOAP library:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13456 to see whether this can fix the problem.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:25 AM
  • Hi Bruce,

thanks for replying.

We are still trying. But time is the second thing that we have less...

The dll was removed in a recent Win update that the network has "suffered"...

Will return to the matter as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Monday, July 18, 2011 6:30 PM
  • Hi all

At last my friend and co-worker has find the problem is the code to work with MS Office SOAP 3.0 dl.

Insted of

str_WSML = str_WSML & "<using PROGID='MSSOAP.GenericCustomTypeMapper30' cachable='0' ID='GCTM'/>"

one must use

str_WSML = str_WSML & "<using PROGID='MSOSOAP.GenericCustomTypeMapper30' cachable='0' ID='GCTM'/>"

Just an  "O"...

Thanks to those that try to help and ... HTH anothers...

João

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:33 PM
  • Thanks Thanks Thanks!! That's exactly what I was locking for!!!!
    Friday, January 20, 2012 11:38 AM
  • Hi Sancho,

glad that help. But in fact the merit is from my friend Ricardo.

Regards.

Friday, January 20, 2012 2:28 PM