none
COM add-in does not appear in Word 2007 for SharePoint document

Question

• Hi,

My application has a COM add-in, which appears as a custom toolbar under the Add-ins tab in Word 2007.

The issue occurs when a document from SharePoint site is opened in “Read Only” mode using Internet Explorer.

The SharePoint document is opened in Word application (Full Screen Reading View).

When the Full Screen Reading View is closed, the document is displayed in Print Layout, but my add-in does not appear under the Add-ins tab.

My add-in appears under “Active Application Add-ins” list in Word Options ® Add-Ins and it also appears in the list of loaded COM Add-ins in Word Options ® Add-ins ® Manage ® COM Add-ins ® Go.

Can anyone please help me on this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Kokila

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Kokila,

My suggestion is to open a Paid support case with Microsoft Support as this is not a documented issue and there are many possible causes and will need detailed investigation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by dhijit Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:49 PM
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Kokila,

Does your add-in load fine when the document is opened outside of IE?

Can you add the site to your trusted sites list and then retry?

Which version of IE are you using ?

Regards

Sidharth

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 27, 2010 6:07 PM
  • Hi Sidharth,

I am using IE 8. The add-in loads fine for documents available in my machine and is also displayed when the SharePoint document is opened from Firefox.

I added the SharePoint site to the trusted sites and also added the addin location to trusted locations, but still the add-in does not show up.

The add-in appears when I use IE8 and Word 2003.

Regards,

Kokila

Thursday, October 07, 2010 4:53 AM
  • Hi Kokila,

My suggestion is to open a Paid support case with Microsoft Support as this is not a documented issue and there are many possible causes and will need detailed investigation.

• Marked as answer by dhijit Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:49 PM
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:31 PM