none
Lebans ReportToPDF question

Question

• I have been using Lebans ReportToPDF for the last couple years with no problems in Access 2003 SP3 on PC's running Windows XP SP3 and I am using the updated (2009) dll's.

I have just tried to implement it to print a report which has boxes around fields on the report to create a Form look and not all of the lines are showing in the PDF that is created.

They show perfectly in the report and if I use a PDF print driver to create the PDF, but not with ReportToPDF.

I have other reports formatted the same way that work????

Has anyone out there encountered this problem and found a solution???

Stumped

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Proposed as answer by KCDW Friday, March 01, 2013 7:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by RockyStone Friday, March 01, 2013 7:27 PM
    Friday, March 01, 2013 6:50 AM
  • I have been using Lebans ReportToPDF for the last couple years with no problems in Access 2003 SP3 on PC's running Windows XP SP3 and I am using the updated (2009) dll's.

I have just tried to implement it to print a report which has boxes around fields on the report to create a Form look and not all of the lines are showing in the PDF that is created.

They show perfectly in the report and if I use a PDF print driver to create the PDF, but not with ReportToPDF.

I have other reports formatted the same way that work????

Has anyone out there encountered this problem and found a solution???

It looks like lavenderCatalpa has posted a link to a thread containing a possible "big fix" -- replacing the dynapdf dll -- but something you might try first is, if the BorderWidth of your boxes is set to "Hairline", set it to "1 pt" instead.

I remember there being a problem somewhere, sometime, with the printing of hairline-width lines or borders -- a problem that was fixed somewhere along the line.  I don't recall whether this was specifically with ReportToPDF, or with certain printers, or what, but you could at least try varying the width of the box borders and see if the problem goes away.  Also make sure that you are using Lebans' latest code, not just the latest DLLs, because he did fix some bugs from the initial version.

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Friday, March 01, 2013 2:49 PM
  • Thanks Dirk for the idea - I too have encountered the phenomenon you describe on certain printers but not so far on reports being converted to PDF! I have a good number of them with hairline and yet this is the only one so far that has reacted this way!
    Friday, March 01, 2013 6:34 PM
  • Thank you lavenderCatalpa (confused by what appears to be a Daisy avatar - The Catalpa flower is much more beautiful),

The v2.5 dynaPDF.dll solved the problem (cheekybuddha sure seems to know his stuff) and seems to run faster

Can't for the life of me figure out why with the ton of google-ing I did I didn't run across that forum?

Or at least some other that had given similar advice?

For those of you looking for a similar resolution this solution is at the bottom of the referenced links page!

Thanks again to all!

Friday, March 01, 2013 6:59 PM