none
Custom styles in Rich Text Editor doesn't work in custom list

Question

• Hello, i have list, where one of collumns is formatted multiline text and while i edit in collumn i can't use all rich text styles, and custom RTE styles too. So how i can activate full features of RTE?
    Friday, August 15, 2014 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Maksim,

Based on your description, my understanding is that you want to use custom styles in multiple lines of text field.

I recommend to check if the column is allowed to use rich text in the custom list.

Go to List settings > click the column under Columns > check if the Enhanced rich text (Rich text with pictures, tables, and hyperlinks) is selected.

By the way, you can refer the link below to add custom styles to the ribbon in SharePoint:

http://rules.ssw.com.au/SoftwareDevelopment/RulesToBetterSharePoint/Pages/CustomStylesForRichHtmlEditor.aspx

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 18, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Hi Victoria,

Youunderstood me correctly, i want use custom styles in RTE.I added them to the styles and they work but not everywhere. For example it works in blog post template, but does not in Custom list. Furthermore in Custom list not works part of default styles, in Custom list Enchanced Rich Text column works only headers and paragraph styles.

Ыorry for bad english.

Thanks for help.

Monday, August 18, 2014 9:46 AM