none
Access 2010 Combo Box selection color

Question

• In Access 2010 I’m using an unbound combo box in a forms header as a menu item that I use to open other forms based on its value list selection.

Private Sub cmdSelectPayment_AfterUpdate()
    If Me.cmdSelectPayment = "Booking Payment" Then
    Me.cmdSelectPayment = Null
    Me.cboAgency.SetFocus
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPaymentEntry", acNormal, , , , acNormal
    ElseIf Me.cmdSelectPayment = "Individual Payment" Then
    Me.cmdSelectPayment = Null
    Me.cboAgency.SetFocus
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPersonalPaymentEntry", acNormal, , , , acNormal
    End If
    End Sub

The combo box has the “Back Color” Format property to match that matches the “Back Color” Format property of the Form Header.  I use “Payments” as a Default Value on the combo box to identify it to the user as the payment menu item.

When I click the drop down arrow my default is highlighted orange text on black background and my value list selection is highlighted white text on blue background.  Is there any way I can disable this selection highlighting or perhaps choose better colors?

If this post answered or helped you find the answer to your question, please mark it as such for other Forum users knowledge.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:19 PM

Answers

• >>Is there any way I can disable this selection highlighting or perhaps choose better colors?<<

Sorry, not possible, AFAIK.  The selected row is always high-lighted by "reverse-video" display of the display format for the unselected rows.  White text is the "reverse video" of black text and blue BackColor is the "reverse video" on the orange BackColor.

You may need to change the (normal) BackColor to find one that is suitable for you for both normal display and "reverse video" display.

Van Dinh

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:02 AM