none
How to install .img file for MS Project 2013 Trial download

Question

• I downloaded a trial version of the MS Project 2013 application, However, the downloaded file is a .img file. When I try to install this, I get an error message saying that it can't be opened, and I need to select an appropriate program to open it (or something to that effect). 

Any help on how I can install this trial version of MS Project?

Thanks

• Edited by isquair Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:58 PM to fix typo errors
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Monday, May 06, 2013 5:04 AM Relocate
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I stubmled upon an older thread that was suggesting a similar solution but to burn it onto a CD. I wanted a solution which doesnt involve burning on a media so the tweak is, rename the file extension from .img to .iso and it works with WinRAR like a regular zip file.

HTH,

j1Roy

Monday, April 08, 2013 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I stubmled upon an older thread that was suggesting a similar solution but to burn it onto a CD. I wanted a solution which doesnt involve burning on a media so the tweak is, rename the file extension from .img to .iso and it works with WinRAR like a regular zip file.

HTH,

j1Roy

Monday, April 08, 2013 6:36 PM
  • Thanks!
    Sunday, April 28, 2013 4:06 PM
  • All I get is "Unknown format or damaged." This has to get fixed.

Grant

Saturday, March 08, 2014 10:19 PM
  • Were you able to download the *.img file?  What operating system are you using? Have you attempted to burn the img file?  Please let us know more details and we'll try to help.

Monday, March 10, 2014 4:12 PM