none
Accessing Azure App from Sharepoint workflow (Office 365)

Question

• We're using for our solution Office 365 and Windows Azure. We faced a problem with accessing Azure App that uses Azure Active Directory for single sign-on from Sharepoint workflow.

I created simple ASP.Net APP on Azure Website, that uses single sign-on authentication. If the user is logged into the Office 365 or Windows Azure, he can access this App without logging in, if he's not - he needs to insert proper AD credentials to access the App. Then I created a workflow that calls HTTP service, and retrieves content of the page. When I run the workflow, it turned out that instead of retrieving the right content of Azure APP, it returns the Azure AD login webpage.

How can I permit Sharepoint workflow to access Azure Website?

Monday, August 11, 2014 8:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi  Konrad,

As it is related to Office 365 , you can open up a new post on the Office 365 forum to ask for more information:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154.aspx

More experts will assist you, then you will get more information relation to your issue.

Thanks,

Eric

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eric Tao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Hello Eric,

I've already opened up a post on O365 forum, but they redirect me to this forum.

Regards,

Konrad

Monday, August 18, 2014 7:21 AM
  • Hi ,

For this issue, I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at it.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Tao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 18, 2014 7:53 AM
  • Hi Konrad,

I would like to know more about the workflow you created. I assume the workflow may have some issues. Please check the workflow if it should turn out the right content of Azure App.

Thanks,

Dats Luo

Monday, August 18, 2014 9:30 AM
  • Hello Dats,

Here are steps of the workflow:

1.        Log Start to the workflow history list
    2.        Call (link to my App) HTTP web service and put its content and response code to variables
    3.        Log Response Code to the workflow history list
    4.        Send the response content via E-mail
    5.        Go to End of Workflow

Regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Hi Konrad,

Thank you for your response.

I have concern about the step2 in the workflow. It seems it response to the login page but not the APP page in this step. So please check if we need to login before we call the HTTP web service. And after we login successfully, can we access the Azure page?

Thanks,

Dats Luo 

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:04 AM
  • Hello Dats,

I agree that we need to login to the App, but how to do this with the workflow?

Regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:25 AM
  • Hi Konrad,

Thank you for your response. I mean we can login the App manually and then run the workflow to check this issue.

Thanks,

Dats Luo

Monday, August 25, 2014 8:51 AM