none
Synchronizing Contacts through Proxy with Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector in Outlook 2010

Question

• I have the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector 32-bit (14.0.4763.1000) installed in Microsoft Outlook 2010 (14.0.4760.1000) 32-bit, for synchronizing my Windows Live Hotmail Plus account.  When not behind a Proxy server, everything synchronizes fine.  However, behind a Proxy server (where I spend the majority of my day), I get the following error repeatedly:

Task 'HawkInOz' reported error (0x8004102A) : 'Error with Send/Receive.  There was an error synchronizing a contacts folder. Error : 8004100f.'

The only Contacts folder I have, is the "Favorites" category, which I cannot delete.  Attempting to delete it from the Windows Live web interface results in the message "Sorry, you can delete any of your categories except for favorites."  Were it not for this, I would have no "contacts folders" to synchronize - and possibly no errors during synchronization.  I have tried to populate the normally empty category/folder to see if its being empty was the cause of the error, but that had no effect on the process and the error on every single synchronization persists.  I have searched for these error codes, but come up empty.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Monday, July 12, 2010 4:29 PM

Answers

All replies