none
Data Connection Web Parts and List Filter

Question

• I was hoping for a bit of advice more than anything.

I have a list that has the Customer Details - Account #, Name etc.  I then have a number of other lists that have lookups to these columns - so as an example, one list might be "Customer Computers" which looks up to Customer Details for Account and Name and then also has the details about make and model of computer etc. 

My question is, I want to create a Summary page where I can search a customer number and see all the details from each list summarised on one page.  From a little research, I think I need to insert a List Filter to reference the Customer Details list and then insert web parts of each list below this with Data Connections?

Any advice on making it nice and pretty/presentable too would be much appreciated :-)

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 11:46 PM

Answers

• Hi kelsnz,

To use the Customer Details to filter all the other related lists, I recommend to go to the Customer Details list page and then edit the page.

Click Web Part tab in the ribbon and then click Insert Related List to insert all the related list web part to tis page, and then save the changes.

After that, we can use the Customer Details to filter all the related lists web part added to this page by clicking the corresponding Select icon in Customer Details list web part.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 15, 2014 5:39 AM

All replies

• Hi kelsnz,

To use the Customer Details to filter all the other related lists, I recommend to go to the Customer Details list page and then edit the page.

Click Web Part tab in the ribbon and then click Insert Related List to insert all the related list web part to tis page, and then save the changes.

After that, we can use the Customer Details to filter all the related lists web part added to this page by clicking the corresponding Select icon in Customer Details list web part.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 15, 2014 5:39 AM
  • Thanks Victoria, that's certainly put me on the right track!
    Friday, August 15, 2014 6:13 AM