none
why my new site column did not display inside the Sharepoint Desinger 2013 toolbox

Question

• i have created a new site column inside my site collection using the central administration. then i opened the site collection insdie sharepoint designer, but i can not find the new site column inside the toolbox ? can nayone adivce ?
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:25 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

You need to go to Site Settings > Site Content Types > edit the Enterprise Wiki Page content type and add thesite column to it.

After that, click Refresh under Content Fields in Toolbox in SharePoint Designer.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by johnjohn123 Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:49 AM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:03 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

I recommend to go to the site where the site column was created to see if the column existed in the Site Columns gallery.

Go to Site Settings of the site where the column was created > click Site Columns under Web Designer Galleries.

If the site column is created in subsites, then the site column will not be displayed in the parent site.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia

Friday, August 15, 2014 2:55 AM
  • yes the site exists under the  >>Web Designer Galleries--> Site Columns. but it is not displayed inside the sharepoint designer.
    Sunday, August 17, 2014 11:30 PM
  • Hi John,

I recommend to go to the site where the site column was created to see if the column existed in the Site Columns gallery.

Go to Site Settings of the site where the column was created > click Site Columns under Web Designer Galleries.

If the site column is created in subsites, then the site column will not be displayed in the parent site.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia

i am still facing the same issue, and  the site column exists under the  >>Web Designer Galleries--> Site Columns. but it is not displayed inside the SharePoint designer. what are the approaches i can folloiw to add the site column to the page layout... and i have noted that inside the SharePoint designer the newly added site column exists under the site columns section,, but it is not displayed inside the toolbox when editing the page layout ,,, please i need to fix this ...!!

• Edited by johnjohn123 Monday, August 18, 2014 5:29 PM
    Monday, August 18, 2014 3:04 PM
  • Hi John,

If you want to add the site column to the page layout, you need to add the site column to the content type of the page layout before editing the page layout.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/6f361e6c-3e0d-4a61-83c7-8186512e3572/getting-site-columns-to-display-in-sharepoint-designer-toolbox?forum=sharepointgenerallegacy

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:42 AM

• yes i already added them to the "Enterprise Wiki Page" content type ,, which the layout is based on. but the source for the site column is empty,, but they were added under the "Enterprise Wiki Page" content type.. can u adivce?
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:49 AM
  • Hi John,

You need to go to Site Settings > Site Content Types > edit the Enterprise Wiki Page content type and add thesite column to it.

After that, click Refresh under Content Fields in Toolbox in SharePoint Designer.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia

• Marked as answer by johnjohn123 Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:49 AM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:03 AM